Sunday, February 15, 2015

A Turning Point

Why do I mention the year of the coins I find? When my children Gracie and Mikey were babies; I was going through a tremendous amount of difficulty and living at home with my parents. It's funny people kept telling me God gives you what you can handle, but I definitely did not feel like I could handle what God was supposedly giving me. My faith was severely tested. I had so much taken away from me already, how could I possibly be expected suffer anymore loss?

I made a decision to ask God for a very real and tangible thing. Something that would no doubt let me know that he is real and present in my life. What I asked for was a penny with the year of my birth on it. Later that day when I found it in my room, I was amazed and almost could not believe it. I mean after all I asked quietly in my mind, I did not vocalize it nor did I tell anyone else what I asked God for that day. How did it materialize and where did it come from? I may never know, but each and every time I find a penny or other lost coin, I can't help but be reminded of that fateful day in my room when I was on the verge of despair how God answered my little prayer. Small and insignificant me. God did care. 

Some people think I should have asked for more money than just a penny, but I think that it would have been greedy. Would God have really answered me then? Probably not. Besides the simple fact that exactly and precisely what I asked for that day appeared was nothing short of miraculous and exactly what I needed to keep me going for my kids. 

Someday my children and grandchildren will read my posts and this will be my legacy to them. They will know who their mother truly was and how much they mean to me. It is my gift to them and my future generations.

Whatever you may be going through, have faith, be of good courage and never ever give up hope. Ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and the door shall be opened.

God Bless you!
Love,
the PennyRunner



No comments:

Post a Comment