Thursday, July 23, 2015

Christmas in July

For my beautiful Gracie girl, my Friday baby, born at 3PM at Elmhurst Memorial. What an experience that was for me as a 23 year old woman welcoming such a miracle into my life. I still remember my former boss Roni at the law firm I worked at exclaiming it's Christmas in July. Still don't know what she meant by that except it made me feel good being round and pregnant thinking I must look like St. Nic all fat and jolly. 

No one has ever made me feel stronger than I truly am than my daughter. She was and has been such a light in my life that I had no right to deserve. The trust she has given me to guide her, nurture her, be her mother, and best friend has humbled me. 

I still pray God keeps from her all that is not holy all that is not true and for the grace to be a good mother. I'm her biggest fan and always will be and she is my staunchest support. 

Happy Sweet 16 my beautiful girl Grace! May you always find the good in others and kindness in the world! 

All my love & heart always,
Momma 

No comments:

Post a Comment